The manor house was built in 1738 for the landlord Tomáš Szentiványi. Ján Stanislav, who was involved in trading timber, inherited it in 1768. His children, Ján and Michal, continued their family tradition. The elder Ján, who owned half of the mansion, was engaged in the production of barrels, which he supplied to Hungary; Michal was a district gamekeeper.
During the period of farm collectivisation (1953-1956) a collective farm (called JRD) was established in the mansion garden.
The building still house family Stanislavová, Ms. Margita and her cousin Irena. Ms. Margita and her husband Alexander Radimiersky were teachers at the local school in Liptovský Ján, later at the Hodža grammar school in Liptovský Mikuláš.
The manor house was registered in the National List of Real Estate Cultural Monuments of Slovakia in 1956. University professor prof. Dr. Ján Stanislav, DrSc. grew up in the manor house. He was a significant expert on Slavic studies, professor at the Charles University in Prague, later worked at the Comenius University in Bratislava. His brother Rudolf was the director of the pulp and mill factory in Ružomberok during the First Czechoslovak Republic,
In 1982 the manor house was bought by siblings Jozef and Maja Stanislav. They began to repair the dilapidated object gradually with the aim to preserve the original cultural-historical value and architectural form.
Part of the building has been serving as a family pension since 1998. Descendants of the family still own the manor house.
The manor house is a national cultural monument.